Protect Your Legacy
Are you certain your money and property will be passed along to your children in the way you intend? Have you appointed someone to manage your affairs in case you cannot? Does your family know whether you would want to be kept on life support or not? Is your family business ready for the next generation?
I am attorney Shane Toland, and I am here to help you confidently answer “Yes” to these important questions. As an Indianapolis estate planning lawyer with more than 10 years of legal experience, I am able to provide the security and peace of mind you deserve.
I can assist you with the following types of estate law matters, among others:
- Wills — Having a valid will in place can help ensure that your final wishes are carried out and that your assets go to the people or charities you choose. It can also help avoid disputes between the family members you leave behind.
- Trusts — I help clients draft a wide range of trusts, depending on their specific needs. These include special needs trusts, charitable remainder trusts, sprinkling trusts and many others.
- Powers of attorney — These documents allow you to decide in advance the person whom you want to make medical or financial decisions for you, should you ever have a stroke or otherwise become incapacitated.
- Health care directives/living wills — This allows you to decide for yourself whether you would ever want to be kept alive by artificial means. It can also state what level of care you desire if you are ever unconscious or unable to communicate.
- Business succession planning — I help those with family businesses to plan for the smooth transfer of those businesses to the next generation. I can also help you decide whether to start passing those assets along now at discounted values or wait until later.
- Probate and estate administration — Whether your loved one died with or without a will, the estate will be administered through the Indiana probate court. The estate executor is responsible for execution of the will, and for maintaining communication with beneficiaries. I advise and assist both executors and beneficiaries, working hard to guide the estate through probate with as little expense and tax as possible.
Treating You With Empathy And Easing Your Burden
Sometimes people feel uncomfortable around lawyers. Often, they fear being treated with less respect and understanding than they deserve. When you come to me, however, I will take the time to truly listen to you. I will also explain the legal process in clear, straightforward language. I don’t try to dazzle people with confusing legalese.
Most importantly, I realize that this may be a difficult time for you and your family, and I will do all that I can to ease your burden.
To arrange an initial consultation about any estate planning or probate matter, call my Indianapolis office at +1-317-921-0094. You can also email Toland Law Firm. I look forward to talking with you.